On November 12th, 2018, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by an amazing friend Iva.Sylva of my9inctravelblog.wordpress.com. What an honor! I am super grateful and excited to do this post. The love and support I have received from the Blogging community are beyond words. Not only do we connect through our blogs but other social media platforms too.
I owe it to Iva.Sylva to post this as she always checks in on me. I’m so thankful for her friendship!
My9inctravelblog.wordpress.com writes on Travel, Health, Education, Religion and yes, total Foodie, like me! She’s super passionate about traveling to explore and through her writings, she takes you on an adventure with her. The blogs are diverse and that’s what I love about them.
The Sunshine Blogger Award recognizes bloggers for their hard work and being a source of inspiration to others and is voted on by fellow bloggers.
In addition, there a few rules for nomination:
- Thank the blogger and link their blog to your post (see bolded link above!)
- Display the Sunshine Blogger logo on the post
- List the rules in the blog post
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award and provide 11 questions for them to answer
The Questions I Was Asked To Answer Are:
1. What is your favorite color?
Red, it’s a very sexy color and looks great on everyone.
2. What do you like most when it comes to blogging and what do you hate the most it?
I love being able to express myself because there are no rules. This is when I’m myself best! What I don’t like about blogging or writing, in general, is having writer’s block. I’m pretty good at keeping notes on what topic should be next but most of the times I forget where I wrote it which leads me to not be able to write for days.
3. When did you start blogging and why?
I first started in March of this year but didn’t really think anything much of it. I started to focus on blogging more the next month. I started just for fun to find an outlet to share my thoughts. Who knew I would still be doing it? I still struggle with being able to keep up on it. Between work and raising a family most days when I’m able to sit and write I’m completely exhausted.
4. Amongst the blogs you have read which one has brought you to tears?
One blogger I connect with most is Robyn who blogs at autismfamilypower.com. I think she was the first blogger I ever followed. A lot of the stories she shares about her family really hits home with me. We are very different but have common ground in certain areas. She gives me hope.
5. What is the most challenging post you have to do?
All posts to me are challenging. There’s some vulnerability when you blog about personal experiences. When I finally hit the “publish” button there’s always that fear of hoping no one lashes at you for sharing certain topics. The stories and views I share are my own through my perspectives. Not everyone will agree, but with my stories and like many other bloggers, it takes courage to share it.
6. Do you like cooking or eating out?
Both. I like to cook because sometimes you just can’t get food to taste how you want it to at restaurants. It’s best to make it yourself and does save quite a bit if you’re focused on budgeting (I always am).
Of course, I love to eat out because I rarely get the chance to but when I do, it better be good. I’m a bit picky, I can’t stand paying for bad food.
7. What country have you been in the past 3 – 6 months?
Well, that would be here, where I live. Good Ol’ United States, LOL! Gosh, I haven’t traveled for over 6 years now and never been out of the country! I would love to travel anywhere in Asia.
8. What are your best moments in school days?
Not sure I have “best” moments to share but I would love my energy back from those days. Oh, and the youthful skin and body!
9. What is your relationship status?
Married to my amazing best friend. We’ve been friends for over 21 years.
10. Are you currently planning on a different career other than just blogging?
Well not really planning, I’m already in a career field. I work full time in Marketing, specifically in the food industry but also do a lot of marketing for non-profit organizations.
11. What is one tip you would give to new bloggers struggling to gain traction?
Simple – Content, content, content. Share, share, share. Engage, engage, engage.
Stop comparing yourself to others!
(I apologize if you’ve already been nominated, I know I’m a bit overdue on this post.)
Here are my questions for the 11 nominees…
- Describe yourself in one word (one word only) and why?
- What do you like least about blogging?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Who would you want to meet (past or present) and why?
- What is the most challenging post you have to do?
- Are you a paper and pen or all electronics type person?
- How many children do you have and do you involve them in your blog?
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- What is your relationship status?
- Do you do other work other than just blogging?
- What is one advice you’d give new bloggers struggling to begin?
This Post Has 6 Comments
Thank you 🙏🏻
Aww, I am speechless. Thank you for such a beautiful post. Hmmm great to read a little more about those fear of hitting publish button just after a daring post! hehe hehe. But in the end I am glad you brave it and just publish regardless. Thank you again for taking me back to the beautiful skin days lolz. I kinda love the careless eating habits and the late night snacks I had without a care in the world of what my body weight might become lolz. Also, so sweet to read about your blog journey and passion for it. Hugs you tightly! warm wishes this season and do have a wonderful day. I have not been online for some time now, but I will get back to my systems soon. Missing it already.
Thanks, hugs xx.
Thank you so much for reading and of course the nomination, Iva! I wish you nothing but the best. Such a pleasure to have connected with you.
Thank you! 😊